Sunday, December 6, 2020

 I'm sitting here typing this while watching a reborn silicone baby box opening on the IPad with the TV in the background and wondering what to say.  Thursday I said goodbye to my little Sexy Lexy,  my 13 year old dog.  His name was actually Lex Luther, and along with his brother Kal El were my terror twins.  Born in 2007, they were the puppies of our "house-elf" deer headed Chihuahua Sassy and Deanna's furry little boy, Damien.  Damien was only 9 months old when Sassy got pregnant; we always said she raped him, since from that moment, he never turned his back on her.....he was obviously not "into it".  LOL.   

Damien was Min PIn, Chihuahua and terrier of some sort, so the boys were just mutts. 

At any rate, Sassy had three puppies, the two boys and a female, who passed away within a week.  ALl three puppies were brindle colored and there was just something not right with any of them.  Once the female passed away, the two boys became the Terror Twins...and boy were they!  

Kal was the smarter of the two...Lex was one of the sweetest, most polite dogs you'd ever meet...but he was obviously NOT a rocket science.  Kal was the leader and Lex just followed along, sweet and happy if not very bright.  They were never seperated; even when I took them in to be neutered, they weighed the exact same thing, 12.2lbs.  THe vet's office thought that was hilarious.  

When the boys were young, they had this stuffed elephant.  THe boys LOVED that Elephant....in the most BIBLICAL sense......that elephant was GROSS.  They literally "LOVED" it to death....  they would take turns with it, no fighting between them.  Eventually I had to get rid of the elephant...so the boys stole Paul's pink poodle Deanna got him for valentines day!  I'm not sure what happened to that poodle.....

Kal developed diabetes in about 2014/5 and passed away, and you have never seen a dog look so lost.  Lex just had NO idea what to do without his brother.  He tried to latch onto Scruffy, but Scruffy got very aggressive wtih him; at one point Scruffy grabbed Lex by the head and ear and tried to drag him under the bed where I couldn't save him.  I thought Lex was a gonner, but despite developing an absess from a tooth buried in his HEAD.  

WHen mom moved in with me, she discovered how polite Lex was.  Not used to having anyone else around teh house, Lex headed into the bathroom to go outside and interrupted her using the toilet.  Lex froze, shifted a little from one foot to another and she swears he looked at her like "OH!  So Sorry.....I'll just wait my turn over here.....".

When we moved in here with Daniel and Deanna, I was living in one small room with Scruffy, Lex, Annie, Taco and Oscar.  For whatever reason, Oscar grew angry at Lex and attacked him, twice.  I was trying so hard to get him off Lex.  Oscar is a hound dog and about 60lbs.  He grabbed Lex around the chest, picked him up and shook him.  I was trying to get a hold of Oscar, but everytime  he'd release LEx, Lex would try to rush past him and Oscar would grab him again.  It was terrifying,  and it happened twice.  I ended up having to give Oscar to Deanna....there were just too many of us in too small a room.      

Lex had a bad last few months, about 9 months ago he developed some kind of psoriasis, most likely some kind of auto immune or skin disease.  His skin became leathery and he scratched himself raw, leading to secondary infections.  HE lost all his fur, and itched horribly, so he had to wear a cone of shame.  His skin was so bad...once I got the secondary infections clear up, it was a matter of changing his Tee shirt every night and looking over him carefully, applying Triple ANtibiotic ointment to any place that looked suspect.   HE was miserable, but he was still my sweet, loving little Lex.  

Then Thursday, he woke up and went outside, he pooped and wandered around the yard a little in the sunshine, then came back inside for breakfast.   He ate well, warm water over his dry food to soften it, he loved it soft.  He went back outside and wondered a little more, then came back inside went to his den and napped, came out to sleep in teh doggie bed he adored, and spent the afternoon relaxing.  Later that evening, I pulled his cone off so he could have a little break from it, and he went into his den to take a nap before dinner....I found him when i went to feed them, he took a nap and woke up in time for dinner at the Rainbow Bridge with his brother, sister, Mommy and Daddy and all the furbabies we've lost.  There must have been a HUGE meal there...I can almost hear them barking.   

Maybe in the future I'll share some other stories of Lex  I know this is an odd post, but I'm just getting used to the new normal once more.    Someday I'll tell you'all some other stories, the Terror Twins more than earned their names! lOL.  

But for now, Rest IN Piece Little Sexxy Lexxy....until we meet again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment