Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Two steps forward, one back....

Well....hell.  I was doing SO good.  I went to lean over and pick up something I dropped and my bad (of course) foot got causght on my foot stand and I twisted my knee but GOOD.   My pain jumped from a 3 to a 7 and I thought I was going to CRY.  OF course, being my bad foot, you'd think I'd cut it off, and then I had to rub my right knee with Voltaren Gel, which is an anti-imflametary gel.  Of course, since both my knees have CRPS in them, it would have been painful on either, but this is my BAD leg...the leg that took CRPS home from the bar and introduced him to our body and immune system and like a bad date with an STD, CRPS never left and he's traveled through others.  Stupid analogy, I know...but hey, I'm ouchie here!


Anyway...rubbing down my knee with Voltaren was like torture, but hopefully I got it quickly enough and this is just a minor set back that will be better by tomorrow.  For those of you who don't know, CRPS causes the nerves to see every stimuli as pain.   So rubbing gel gently on my knee was like rubbing acid missed with sand and rocks into it.  Taking a shower? Think of getting shot with birdshot, soaked in hot sauce.  It hurts...it burns...it takes everything spoon I have to get through it.  I remember loving a nice, hot shower....ah, memories.  And of course, I'd bloused an hour before that...I'm hoping the Voltaren and another bolus in a few minutes will get my pain back down from the 5.5-6 it's currently running. 


One of the things I've been trying to do since the surgery while my pain has been lower is go through items and thiungs I've "collected" over the years.   DEspite better control of the pain, which is a blessing, I know the physical manifestations of all this doesn't go away.  I'll probably never walk again and almost certainly I will never walk unaided.  But maybe I can get out of bed and into my chair by myself someday...that's a goal. 


Ok...well I've run out of spoons for today, so I'm going to end this blog and watch some television, 


Everyone take care  of yourselves and I hope the next few days are healthy, happy and comfortable...for my Chronic Pain family, a low pain day and something fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment